Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We the People....Need a New PAYD Constitution

Let me take a second to introduce myself so that the first words to come to your mind aren’t “Who is this girl and why is she babbling?” Well, to answer the initial question, my name is Becca Sammon, and I am your brand spanking new Recording Secretary. First, I want to thank everyone who supported me, and told me that I could do it! You guys know who you are and you are absolutely awesome! I am quite honored to serve with such phenomenal young leaders as Representative Tony Payton, Jr., Representative Chelsa Wagner, Timmy Brennan, Tara Reynolds, Alex Reber and Dan Tyman.

While I am proud to be from NEPA (Luzerne County!), I went to college at Temple University, and law school at the University of Pittsburgh, so I have spent significant amounts of time on both ends of our great commonwealth. I am a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority, and a HUGE Temple Basketball fan. (GO OWLS!)

I need your help to accomplish one of my first tasks as Recording Secretary. It is absolutely necessary for our constitution to be revised. In order to successfully achieve this goal, we need some quality committee members, and we need to start NOW. In order to comply with the current Constitution and By-Laws, we must present any changes to the membership 90 days in advance, thus, if we want to vote on new by-laws at our September convention, these must be submitted to the membership by the middle of July.

The ideal committee member would be hard working, dedicated, and ready to get to work straight away. While it would be great to have some people with some legal training, I think that the best possible board would have people with varied knowledge bases. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact me at becca102777@aol.com. I promise a great experience, and would be an excellent resume builder. Come on, you know you want to!

Looking forward to working with each of you!

Peace,

~Becca
Recording SecretaryPennsylvania Young Democrats

No comments: