Thursday, April 12, 2007

Transitioning...

This December I graduated from Lebanon Valley College. The one thing I knew I would miss was all the fun with my friends in the College Dems. I had just started a job in Harrisburg, PA and was hoping to make some new friends (yes, even accountants need friends!). I went to my first meeting of the Dauphin County Young Democrats and was already among friends. In the sometimes small world of active Democrats in Central PA, I realized I already knew a few of the people there.

Soon I was on their Happy Hour email list and was invited to participate in parties, outings, lunches, community service and of course, political activities. Not only did the Young Dems fill a need to be politically active, it also helped my transition from college to the real world.

I think anyone who enjoyed their time in the College Dems, should defiantely look up their closest chapter of the Young Dems as soon as they get settled in the real world. Not only does it help you stay connected to the Democratic Party, but its a lot of fun too!


-Alex Reber
PAYD Regional Coordinator

No comments: